Total Pageviews

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Discharged from Hospital

Well, after a reasonable night's sleep I was brought breakfast in the morning at 9 a.m. by a waiter.  This was my first breakfast in bed for a VERY long time!!  By this time I was quite hungry as I hadn't eaten since lunchtime the day before.  However, there was so much on offer here that I couldn't possibly eat it all!!

As I was eating breakfast my husband arrived for a visit - there was no problem in him getting in to see me at any time at all.  It was then that we discovered that there was a 'guest relations' person and she came to visit me as well to make sure all was in order.  Quite honestly, it was almost like being in a hotel with all the attention that I was getting.  I can't fault anything.  It was decided that I may get discharged around lunchtime so my husband went off back to the hotel and I just waited - not a lot else I could do really!!  The nurses buzzed in and out and took blood and changed drips etc. and then my lunch appeared, which was also very nice.  I had been instructed to eat bananas as they are high in potassium, and there were three of them included with my lunch!  The sandwich that I was given was delicious!!

However, there was still no sign of me being discharged over lunchtime, but I was eventually allowed to go at 5.30 p.m.  However, I was still to attend at the Medical Centre for check-ups and if I was worried about anything or if my symptoms all game back.  It was very comforting to know that good medical care was at hand fairly close by!  Once I got back to the hotel I was able to get changed and we all went out for our dinner.  But, but this time there was still only three of us for dinner as my husband had developed an upset stomach so he stayed at the hotel while my friends and I walked along to the Fortune Cookie.  For three starters, three main courses and two sweets plus drinks, the cost was 302LE which was very reasonable.

After dinner we walked back along to Caffe Moka where we met up with my husband are our Egyptian friend who we had contacted earlier and had arranged to meet.  Following that meeting, we arranged to go to our friend's house to visit the family and have dinner on Friday.  Now, that was something that I was really looking forward to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment